Terms and Conditions
1. IPEN Certified Specialists provide placenta services including placenta encapsulation, placenta essences, placenta tinctures and the arrangement of homeopathic placenta remedies.
2. Sinead Hurley have been trained and certified by IPEN, The Independent Placenta Encapsulation Network, to provide placenta encapsulation services to the public. IPEN does not insure Placenta Specialists and the Client’s relationship is solely with the Specialist and not with IPEN.
3. The TCM process of encapsulation used by IPEN Certified Specialists is based on Traditional Chinese Medicine.
4. Placenta encapsulation itself is experimental in nature and whilst the benefits of consuming the placenta post-birth are based on research studies, articles and testimonials from new mothers this research is ongoing and IPEN does not give any warranty or representation that these benefits are guaranteed.
5. Clients who choose to utilise these services take full responsibility of their own health and for researching and using the remedies provided in this service.
6. The Client agrees that IPEN or IPEN Certified Specialists are not liable and do not take responsibility for any results or effects the Client may experience before, during or after consuming the placenta unless resulting directly from the negligence of the Specialist.
7. IPEN recommends placenta capsules are for the Client’s own use only.
8. IPEN Certified Specialists will not perform placenta encapsulations for Clients who have ever tested positive for HIV/AIDs, Hepatitis B and/or Hepatitis C.
9. All methods of decontamination and disinfection of equipment used by IPEN Certified Specialists are practiced to Government guidelines and regulations.
10. The Specialist retains ownership of any photographs taken of the Client’s placenta which may be used anonymously for educations, advertising and promotional purposes. The Client will inform the Specialist if she does not wish photos to be taken of her placenta.
11. Your IPEN Certified Specialist aims to prepare the placenta within 3 days after the birth. However we will not be held accountable should circumstance arise where the placenta encapsulation cannot be completed until an agreed date and time. Please see documents ‘IPEN Placenta Encapsulation Information Guide for Expectant Mothers’ and ‘Appropriate Placenta Care’ for guidelines for handling of your placenta.
12. IPEN Specialists do not take responsibility for damaged or lost placentas before the placenta comes into our care.
13. The Client agrees to store her placenta in a clean, labeled container inside a cooler box/bag on ice or in refrigerator within 30 minutes after birth of the placenta and agrees to ensure her placenta remains chilled until collection.
14. The Client agrees to contact her placenta specialist within 3 hours after birth to arrange safe collection of her placenta.
15. The Client will be liable for damaged property and/or equipment belonging to us should any equipment become broken and/or damaged whilst in the Client’s care. (For example damage to cooler kits)
16. If the placenta is being collected from hospital/home it will not be possible to return your container. Sinead Hurley will bring her own cooler box and will leave your cool bag & ice packs with you.
17. The Client consents to the removal of the placenta from the hospital (or home) by the Specialist to the extent necessary for the performance by the Specialist of the placenta services.
18. The Client agrees to complete an online Feedback Survey sent by email 6 weeks following the encapsulation and the Client agrees to answer the questions honestly to help provide statistics and testimonials for IPEN and Sinead Hurley.
FULL PAYMENT BY CASH OR CHEQUE IS DUE BEFORE OR UPON COLLECTION OF THE PLACENTA. Bank transfers can be made by contacting your Sinéad Hurley for details.
By agreeing to these Terms of Service you agree that all the information you have given in the booking form is correct and to the best of your knowledge. You also agree to the Terms and Conditions above and you have thoroughly read and will follow all the guidelines emailed to you in the document titled ‘IPEN Placenta Encapsulation Information Guide for Expectant Mothers’ ensuring the proper care and safe storage of your placenta.